Elle Pierman

Student Division: Jazz

Elle Pierman began dancing at the age of three, and has danced off and on ever since. Her dance background includes tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, musical theatre, and hip-hop. Elle received her Bachelor’s degree at The Ohio State University, with a double major in Psychology and Communication and a minor in Dance. During her time at OSU, she was also a part of Stylez Dance Group, one of OSU’s competitive hip-hop teams. She just received her Master’s Degree in Arts Policy and Administration, and is currently pursuing a PhD in Arts Administration, Education and Policy at OSU, with plans to research the socio-emotional and cognitive effects of dance education on children with special needs like autism. This is Elle’s sixth year with BalletMet, and she is grateful to be able to share the joys of dancing with her students.

I teach because I believe dance is such a valuable form of expression and I want to share it with as many people as I can. I want my students to be able to escape their comfort zones, take risks, and grow in a safe and fun environment.