What is Soar on Saturdays?
Soar on Saturdays is a dance access program offering a free six-week dance class on Saturdays at BalletMet beginning in September. There will be five sessions with rotating dance styles during the 2015-2016 academic year. At the end of each six week session, there will be a sharing demonstration for parents, friends and families. Class size is limited. Registration is on a first-come, first- serve basis.
This program hopes to:
- Offer exposure to a variety of dance class styles for students.
- Develop cultural literacy for young people to equip them with a life-long love of dance and the arts.
- Identify highly talented students to be trained in classical ballet and other dance styles.
Who can participate in Soar on Saturdays?
Children age 8-12, who are first time students at BalletMet, may register for Soar on Saturdays. No previous dance training is necessary.
Where and when is Soar on Saturdays?
Soar on Saturdays classes will be at BalletMet (322 Mt. Vernon Ave., Columbus, OH 43215) on Saturdays from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
|Session||Dance Style||Deadline to Register|
|Sept. 17 to Oct. 22, 2016||African Dance||Sept. 13|
|Oct. 29 to Dec. 10, 2016||Cultural Dances||Oct. 25|
|Jan. 7 to Feb. 11, 2017||Hip-Hop||Jan. 3|
|Feb. 18 to March 25, 2017||Tap||Feb. 14|
|April 1 to May 13, 2017||Jazz||March 28|
How do I register my child for Soar on Saturdays?
Fill out the Soar Registration Form and return it to BalletMet via mail at 322 Mt. Vernon Avenue, Columbus OH 43215, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 614-224-3697. No registrations will be taken over the phone.
- Please make sure when registering for a session, your child is able to attend all six weeks.
- A Release & Authorization Form must be received prior to the first class.
- Space is limited. Registration will be accepted on a first-come first-serve basis.
- You child may lose their spot if they miss the first two classes of a session.
What if my child wants to participate in more than one session?
Each child may only register for one session. A waiting list will be available for any child interested in participating in an additional session. Children on the waiting list will be contacted if a session does not fill up.
What should my child bring to class?
Your child should arrive on time, dressed in comfortable clothes that allow for movement and be well behaved. Each student will receive a t-shirt and complimentary tickets to two BalletMet performances. There is no attire requirement.
Why should my child participate in the program?
BalletMet is committed to bringing the positive influence of dance to the Columbus community. Through its Soar on Saturday program, BalletMet strives to make the art and discipline of dance available to the community.
For more information, please contact Leah Lijoi at (614) 586-8629 or email@example.com.