Fool’s Paradise Mocktail
This fun and delicious mocktail is super easy to make and a perfect pairing with our streaming of Fool’s Paradise this weekend.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
For the cherry-thyme syrup
- 1 1/2 cups cherries pitted and cut in half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 thyme sprigs
For the mocktail
- 2 oz cherry-thyme syrup (recipe follows)
- soda water
- rose petals to garnish
- whole cherries to garnish
To make the cherry-thyme syrup
- Add all of the ingredients except for the thyme sprigs to a medium-sized, heavy-bottomed pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the temperature and bring to a simmer. Add the thyme sprigs and simmer for 15 min or until the cherries start to break down.
- Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean, glass container. Do not push on the cherry solids. This will make your syrup cloudy.
- Discard the cherry solids or repurpose them as a jam.
- Let the syrup come to room temperature and refrigerate until cool.
To make the mocktail
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add the cherry-thyme syrup, top with soda water to taste and mix.
- Garnish with rose petals and whole cherries.
- Serve immediately.
Replace the soda water with your favorite sparkling rosé to turn this mocktail into a cocktail.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 36mg | Sugar: 42g | Iron: 2mg
Don’t miss Fool’s Paradise, streaming August 14-16 at balletmet.org/virtual-performances.
Photos by Jennifer Zmuda.