The Impact of Your Support
Your personal investment in BalletMet is truly significant.
Philanthropic support enhances BalletMet's impact in our community and enriches the experiences of our artists, students, and audience members. Here are a few ways that your gift makes an impact by supporting our work:
- A year's worth of shoes are provided to our Company dancers for their professional use – total shoe budget $50,000.
- The BalletMet KidTix Program provides 3,000 free performance tickets to children identified through Central Ohio social service agencies.
- During Nutcracker season alone, BalletMet Costume Shop designers and technicians work about 2,500 hours to create, repair, fit, and clean 194 costumes worn by cast members.
- The Dance Academy is a bustling place where 39 faculty members, 16 accompanists, and 14 administrative and education staff work together to deliver 200 dance classes to 1,600 students at three locations.
- Each year, nearly $150,000 is distributed in scholarships and financial aid to Dance Academy students to help with their dance training tuition.
- 25,000 people participate each year in dance education programs such as Morning at the Ballet, Moving into Literacy, and Momentum.
Photo: by Will Shively | BalletMet Dancer: Emily Ramirez